Raises the bar with range of multimedia-rich consumer and robust and secure business tablets
Lenovo, the world’s fastest growing PC maker for 7 straight quarters, today announced its strategy for the tablet market. As part of this global strategy, over the next six months, Lenovo will introduce tablets of varying sizes and platforms, thus building a winning range catering to individual needs of its customers.
As part of this announcement, Lenovo launched its first family of tablets – the sleek and stylish IdeaPad Tablet K1 for consumers and the robust ThinkPad Tablet for business customers in India. Soon on the heels of this will be the launch of IdeaPad Tablet A1, which will allure first time buyers with its high value-proposition. These tablets are the company’s first mobile internet devices featuring the Android 3.1 platform. Lenovo’s new tablets deliver an enhanced mobile experience and feature NVIDIA Tegra 2 dual-core mobile processors that offer superior multitasking, faster web browsing with built-in Flash, console-quality gaming and low power consumption for improved battery life.
While the 10” ThinkPad Tablet offers business-friendly features to enhance productivity for professionals as well as security and manageability for IT Managers, the 10” IdeaPad K1 offers surreal entertaining and mobility allowing consumers to enjoy life on the go. The soon to be introduced 7” Ideapad A1 will offer unmatched mobility and entertainment experience at an affordable price. The Android-powered Lenovo tablets come with over 40 preloaded apps customized to Indian users. Customers will also have access to tested apps for Lenovo devices in the Lenovo App Shop as well as to more than 250,000 apps in the Android Market.
Unveiling the tablets for India, Amar Babu, Managing Director-Lenovo India said, “Tablets are extremely personal technology devices used primarily for data consumption. Lenovo’s tablet strategy is to create a family of tablets suited to various entertainment and mobility requirements. So whether it’s the IdeaPad for entertainment or the ThinkPad for business, we have listened to our customers and are delivering Android tablets designed to meet their particular needs. We have also loaded our tablets with a lot of distinct features that will make these machines very appealing.”
All tablets are designed keeping in mind the growing need for portability, superior performance, power management and other apps and services offering the users an enhanced computing experience. The users will also have access to apps in the Lenovo App Shop -- a unique app marketplace, which features popular applications that have been tested specifically for Lenovo IdeaPad and ThinkPad Tablets. The Lenovo App Shop offers apps across a wide range of categories including entertainment, books, productivity, social networking, weather and more.
THINKPAD TABLET: BRINGS ANDROID TO BUSINESS
- An accurate pressure sensitive ThinkPad Tablet Pen which provides ease of jotting down notes (which automatically convert to handwritten text) mark up documents and draw pictures
- A 2MP front-facing camera for video calls and Social Touch—a unique application that pulls it all together in an easy to use widget
- Facilitates projection of 1080 video to External Displays
- Easy viewing and editing of Microsoft® Office documents with Documents to Go by DataViz
- Provides easy and secure e-mail access with Good Technologies (certified) and Cisco VPN support Control device security with Active Directory Password, Microsoft® ActiveSync integration and encrypted user data and SD Cards
Starting from INR 29,500/- (16GB,WiFi)); INR 41,900/- (32GB, 3G); INR 46,900/- (64GB, 3G)
IDEAPAD K1 TABLET: OPEN BOX AND PLAY
- A 2MP front-facing camera for superior video conferencing and 5MP rear camera for high definition recording
- Superior connectivity with WiFi, 3G and mini HDMI™ port for High Definition viewing on an HDTV and the micro SD port for maximizing storage
- Seamless cloud sharing by synchronizing online multimedia files from the IdeaPad™ Tablet to personal Cloud with the touch of a finger
- 40 plus pre-loaded apps, covering shopping, search, media, gaming and communications and multimedia editor
- Unlimited web access, rapid performance with the powerful Android 3.1 OS combined with the latest Flash support
Priced at INR 29,500/-(32GB, WiFi); INR 33,990/- (32GB, 3G)
IDEAPAD A1 TABLET: ATTRACTIVE AND AFFORDABLE
- A mobile entertainment device with a 7” premium display and touch, weighing just 1.7 lbps and thickness of 0.5”
- GPS navigation with offline map available in Lenovo app
- Optimized for the web with Flash, full DRM and instant data syncing
- The only Android 2.3 in 7’’ with full support of 10.2 Flash content, plus Lenovo SocialTouch to manage all social networking engagements on a single, easy-to-use interface
- Dual app store (Lenovo App Shop and the Android Market) ensures ready access to thousands of quality apps
Priced at INR 14,990/- (16GB, WiFi)
About MIDH (Mobile Internet and Digital Home Business Group)
The launch of Lenovo’s range of tablets follows the announcement of the MIDH in January 2011.Leveraging Lenovo’s leadership in the PC arena, the Group is focused on creating mobile Internet-focused devices, services and applications that will fuel these next generation “convergence” devices.
Lenovo (HKSE: 992) (ADR: LNVGY) is a $US21 billion personal technology company serving customers in more than 160 countries and the world’s third-largest PC vendor. Dedicated to building exceptionally engineered PCs and mobile internet devices, Lenovo’s business is built on product innovation, a highly-efficient global supply chain and strong strategic execution. Formed by Lenovo Group’s acquisition of the former IBM Personal Computing Division, the company develops, manufactures and markets reliable, high-quality, secure and easy-to-use technology products and services. Its product lines include legendary Think-branded commercial PCs and Idea-branded consumer PCs, as well as servers, workstations, and a family of mobile internet devices, including tablets and smart phones. Lenovo has major research centers in Yamato, Japan; Beijing, Shanghai and Shenzhen, China; and Raleigh, North Carolina. For more information see www.lenovo.com
# # #
For further information please contact
Lenovo India – Communications
Manjunath Padiki/Surabhi Patodia
Text 100 Public Relations