Investments Highlight Rapid Spread of Technology Innovation Across Asia
The 10 investments were announced at the 12th annual Intel Capital Global Summit in Huntington Beach, Calif. Formerly known as the CEO Summit, the Intel Capital Global Summit brings together approximately 900 portfolio company CEOs, corporate technology decision makers and industry leaders from around the world.
- TELiBrahma Convergent Communications Pvt. Ltd. (India): TELiBrahma is a developer of mobile solutions using augmented reality, Bluetooth and WiFi technologies for advertising and retail segments. The company offers location-based and visual recognition-based applications that give consumers an enhanced digital experience in their interactions with major brands.
- G-cluster Global Corp. (Japan): G-cluster is a technology, content and services provider, offering interactive cloud-based services using the company’s patented G-cluster technology. The G-cluster system has been commercially deployed as a cloud gaming service with French telecom operator SFR and in Japan as T’s TV cloud video streaming service. G-cluster plans to use the invested funds for research and development and to expand into new markets.
- Happiest Minds Technologies Pvt. Ltd. (India): Happiest Minds is a provider of cloud services, software product engineering, infrastructure management, security, testing and consulting services. The company’s services are focused on disruptive new technologies that have the potential to change the IT landscape, including cloud computing, social media, mobility solutions, unified communications, business intelligence and analytics. Happiest Minds has operations in India and the United States, and plans to open offices in Europe and Singapore.
- Makepolo.com Co. Ltd. (China): operates a business-to-business vertical search engine that serves the procurement needs of small- and medium-sized enterprises. Makepolo.com’s proprietary search and database technology allows buyers to quickly identify and source products based on their required specifications. The company plans to use the invested funds for research and development and to expand into new markets.
- Miartech (Shanghai) Inc. (China): Miartech is a leader in power line communications products and systems technology, providing the building blocks and intelligent systems for smart grid, smart homes and energy management systems. Miartech’s products help utilities and their customers better manage power consumption and reduce costs.
- Neosem Inc. (Korea): Neosem is a provider of automatic test equipment for semiconductor manufacturing, used to test semiconductor memory components, memory cards and solid-state drives (SSDs). Neosem’s cost-effective, flexible and scalable automated test platform is designed to help the SSD ecosystem meet rapidly expanding market demand for SSDs.
- OneBe Inc. (Japan): OneBe is a security software vendor that develops remote data deletion services for PCs, Ultrabooks, tablets and smartphones, enabling service providers to protect their clients against data theft or loss. OneBe plans to use the invested funds for product development in support of Intel® vPro™ and Anti-Theft technology, and the development of a new security solution for cloud computing.
- Outblaze Venture Holdings Ltd. (Hong Kong): Outblaze Ventures Holdings Ltd., also known as Animoca, is one of the largest global mobile media providers, having developed and published over 150 innovative entertainment and education apps under the Animoca™, Dream Cortex™, and Baby Cortex™ brands. Animoca plans to use the funds from this investment to drive further growth of its mobile application business and to strengthen the company’s position as a leading provider of smartphone games.
- Insyde Software Corp. (Taiwan): Insyde Software is a provider of system firmware and software engineering services for companies developing mobile devices, notebook PCs, servers, and embedded systems. Insyde Software’s products and services help customers bring their products to market faster while reducing overall system development costs.
- SNSplus Inc. (Taiwan): SNSplus is a publisher and distributor of social games with a focus on the Asian market. SNSplus’ publishing platform provides servers, network bandwidth, customer support and localization services that help reduce the cost of bringing games to various social networking sites. SNSplus plans to use the invested funds to support product development and expand into new markets.
The Intel Capital Global Summit, formerly known as CEO Summit, is Intel Capital’s pre-eminent technology networking event. The 2011 Summit brings together over 900 registered attendees from Intel Capital portfolio companies, Intel’s global customers and partners and industry leaders from around the world. The Intel Capital Global Summit 2011 is sponsored by Aon Corporation, Capgemini, Credit Suisse, Evercore Partners, Gibson Dunn, KPMG, Morrison-Foerster, Needham, NYSE Euronext and Silicon Valley Bank.
Intel Capital, Intel's global investment and M&A organization, makes equity investments in innovative technology start-ups and companies worldwide. Intel Capital invests in a broad range of companies offering hardware, software, and services targeting enterprise, mobility, health, consumer Internet, digital media, semiconductor manufacturing and cleantech. Since 1991, Intel Capital has invested more than US$10.4 billion in over 1,185 companies in 51 countries. In that timeframe, 194 portfolio companies have gone public on various exchanges around the world and 286 were acquired or participated in a merger. In 2010, Intel Capital invested US$327 million in 119 investments with approximately 44 percent of funds invested outside the U.S. and Canada. For more information on Intel Capital and its differentiated advantages, visit www.intelcapital.com.
Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) is a world leader in computing innovation. The company designs and builds the essential technologies that serve as the foundation for the world’s computing devices. Additional information about Intel is available at newsroom.intel.com and blogs.intel.com.