Shenzhen, China : Huawei, a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider, today released its 2011 Corporate Sustainability Report. The report provides an overview of Huawei's commitments and practices with regard to its corporate social responsibilities, including bridging the digital divide, caring for employees, fair operations, environmental protection, social contribution, supply chain CSR management, stakeholder communications and safe operations. The report, which demonstrates Huawei's efforts and contributions in driving the sustainable development of the economy, society, and the environment, is online at http://www.huawei.com/en/csr2011
"We adhere to a corporate strategy of establishing a more favorable social image and exemplifying good corporate citizenship everywhere we operate by incorporating CSR into our business operations"said Sun Yafang, the chairwoman of Huawei.
As outlined in the report, in 2011, Huawei worked proactively to fulfill its social responsibilities as a global corporate citizen. Huawei optimized its CSR management system based on the social responsibility guidance ISO26000, in order to continuously improve the company's CSR management. Huawei also established a CSR Committee and related organizations to ensure that its CSR strategy is effectively implemented, including technical planning, implementation, and supervision.
This is Huawei's fourth annual CSR report. The report was compiled in compliance with the G3 guidelines of the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), and it disclosed Huawei's efforts and practices in a systematic and standardized manner. Huawei disclosed more GRI indicators compared to 2010 and the application level of the report is B+.Notable highlights in this year’s report include:
- Established a 5-year roadmap that sets progressive goals for its CSR strategy, focused on optimizing, solidifying, enhancing and improving the CSR Management System.
- Continued Phone Lady initiative - which has been recognized by the World Economic Forum and Boston Consulting Group - with largest local carrier in Bangladesh to help people in remote areas increase their incomes, find jobs, and receive timely information. In 2011, more than 28,000 proprietors were able to achieve an average income that is three times higher than the per capita income in Bangladesh.
- Used Instant Network technology - which is a portable GSM network co-developed with a customer that can provide telecoms services in disaster areas in less than 40 minutes - during a humanitarian mission in Barsaloi, Kenya, enabling local residents to connect to their families.
- Saved the equivalent of the annual power consumption of 250,000 families via Huawei’s green broadband network technology.
- Reduced tree consumption by 5,300m3 and lowered CO2 emissions by 13,000 tons via Huawei’s green packaging solutions.
- Supported the Kenya Red Cross Society in its mission to fight drought and hunger; Granted scholarships to students via the Telecom Seeds for the Future program; Provided school children with access to an e-education in remote areas of India via the eHope program.
- Certified 27 suppliers as Huawei green partners and 441 suppliers signed commitments to not procure or use conflict minerals.
You can access the complete report at: http://www.huawei.com/ucmf/groups/public/documents/attachments/hw_131673.pdf
Cloud News India shares daily Information Technology Press Releases along with Online Marketing support for companies through our various products and services in the Indian Cloud Space e.g. Media Monitoring, Competitive Intelligence Tracking, Lead Generation Programs, and Creating Thought Leadership Platforms through Branded Content.
In case you are looking at promoting your Brand on the Cloud News India Platform e.g. showcasing your POV on Cloud, Highlighting your Video Channel, Better Social Media Integration, Create Exclusive Messaging for your product and services, please feel free to contact us.