Both Companies to Showcase Integrated Offerings at VMworld 2012
BANGALORE, India – Quantum Corp. (NYSE:QTM), a proven global expert in data protection and big data management, has certified Quest Software’s vRanger® Pro software with the Quantum DXi V1000 virtual deduplication appliance for intelligent data protection in VMware environments. The integrated 100 percent virtual solution provides vRanger customers with simple, fast and affordable enterprise-class backup and disaster recovery (DR) and is designed to maximize protection while minimizing costs. The DXi V1000 joins other DXi®-Series physical deduplication appliances already certified with vRanger – including the DXi4500 (SMB), DXi6700 family (midrange and enterprise) and DXi8500 (enterprise) – extending the Quantum-Quest joint solutions. Both companies will be demonstrating their integrated offerings at VMworld 2012, August 26-30 in San Francisco.
Reducing Redundant Data for Backup and DR
- Quest and Quantum are collaborating to deliver joint solutions that reduce redundant data storage during the backup and DR process.
- Quest vRanger Pro supports backups targeted to NAS disk devices. The DXi-Series adds deduplication and replication capabilities on top of vRanger Pro functionality.
The DXi V1000 provides the full functionality of Quantum’s DXi-Series appliances in 100 percent VM-based software, thereby combining the power and flexibility of target-based deduplication with the simplicity and affordability of an integrated virtual appliance.
- With the combination of Quest vRanger’s patented Active Block Mapping (ABM), VMware’s Changed Block Tracking (CBT) and Quantum DXi’s inline data deduplication, only new, updated, and undeleted segments of data are stored, thus minimizing storage requirements while ensuring recovery time and point objectives are met.
· John Maxwell, vice president, Product Management, Data Protection, Quest Software: “Quest and Quantum have been working together for three years to help solve customers’ challenges around protecting data in virtual environments. vRanger’s proven VM backup capabilities and toolsets combined with the deduplication speed, disk savings and overall value of the Quantum DXi-Series offers a powerful choice in this space.”
· Robert Clark, senior vice president, Data Protection Group, Quantum: “Rapid virtual machine proliferation and exponential data growth have combined to present a unique challenge to customers as they look to build out their virtualized infrastructures. We are pleased to be extending integrated offerings with Quest to deliver greater benefits to vRanger customers in meeting this challenge.”
· Visit Quantum’s booth #2017 at VMworld 2012, August 26-30
· Follow the latest Quantum happenings on Twitter: www.twitter.com/quantumcorp
· Join the Quantum conversation on Facebook: www.facebook.com/quantumcorp
Quantum is a proven global expert in data protection and big data management, providing specialized storage solutions for physical, virtual and cloud environments. From small businesses to major enterprises, more than 50,000 customers trust Quantum to help maximize the value of their data by protecting and preserving it over its entire lifecycle. With Quantum, customers can Be Certain™
they’re able to adapt in a changing world – keeping more data longer, bridging from today to tomorrow, and reducing costs. See how at www.quantum.com/BeCertain.
Quantum, the Quantum logo, Be Certain and DXi are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Quantum Corporation and its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
“Safe Harbor” Statement: This press release contains “forward-looking” statements. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements. Specifically, but without limitation, statements relating to 1) customer benefits and value to customers from using Quantum’s and Quest’s integrated offerings (including Quantum’s DXi-Series appliances) and 2) customer demand for and Quantum’s future revenue from such appliances, are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Safe Harbor. All forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to Quantum on the date hereof. These statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause Quantum’s actual results to differ materially from those implied by the forward-looking statements. These risks include operational difficulties, unexpected material deviation in product operation, the ability of competitors to introduce new solutions that compete more successfully with our solutions, unexpected changes in market conditions and unanticipated changes in customers’ needs or requirements, as well as the risks set forth in Quantum’s periodic filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including, but not limited to, those risks and uncertainties listed in the section entitled “Risk Factors,” in Quantum’s Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on August 9, 2012 and Quantum’s Annual Report on Form 10-K filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on June 14, 2012. Quantum expressly disclaims any obligation to update or alter its forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
Cloud News India shares daily Information Technology Press Releases along with Online Marketing support for companies through our various products and services in the Indian Cloud Space e.g. Media Monitoring, Competitive Intelligence Tracking, Lead Generation Programs, and Creating Thought Leadership Platforms through Branded Content.
In case you are looking at promoting your Brand on the Cloud News India Platform e.g. showcasing your POV on Cloud, Highlighting your Video Channel, Better Social Media Integration, Create Exclusive Messaging for your product and services, please feel free to contact us.